Through it’s fully owned subsidiary company, Flagport Ltd., we at Gollcher’s specialise in the registration of ships and yachts under the Malta Flag.
Among its wide range of international maritime facilities and services, Malta has including an active and reputable International Ship Register which currently ranks as the largest merchant flag in Europe and the sixth worldwide.
All types of vessels, trading or under construction, as well as Yachts, Superyachts and Cruise Liners may be registered under the Valletta Flag provided that they are wholly owned by Maltese citizens or Maltese shipping companies. “International Owners” may also register vessels under the Malta Flag provided that they appoint a “Resident Agent” in Malta. Malta shipping company formation is a straightforward process with no restrictions on the nationality of shareholders and directors.
Inspections are not necessary for vessels under 15 years, whereas vessels aged between 15 and 20 years may carry out an inspection within one month of provisional registration. Ships of 20 years and over but under 25 years, are required to pass an inspection by a state inspector prior to being provisionally registered.
Advantages of Registering a Ship in Malta
- Malta is a member of the European Union.
- Competitive ship registration and tonnage tax fees.
- Progressive reduction in registration and tonnage tax for younger vessels.
- Attractive incentives to Owners, Charterers and Financiers of Maltese vessels of over 1000 Net Tons – these incentives may also be extended to smaller ships.
- The Maltese legal system is reliable and offers robust protection to Financiers.
- No restrictions are imposed on the nationality of the shareholders and directors of Maltese Companies.
- No restrictions on the nationality of the master, officers and crew.
- No restrictions on the sale of ships and mortgaging of Maltese ships.
- There are no trading restrictions on Maltese ships.
- English is one of the two official languages of Malta thus eliminating issues from translated documents prior to registration
- User friendly, uncomplicated and expeditious procedures for registering or deletion of vessels.
A professional and efficient maritime administration. 24/7 service offered in respect of urgent matters.